Wednesday, May 16, 2007
Competitive Nature
I can see myself slipping quite easily into the competitive road that is running. Looking at my time from yesterday of 52 mins for a peasly 5km was a bit disturbing. I find myself thinking "Hell, I can do way better than that!". So my mind is there, just a matter of getting my body there too. As much as people say it is mind over body I can't seem to get my body to submit to following what my mind tells it. Perhaps not enough mind? Heh. What I mean by this is that the speed at which I'm running my lungs don't give out on me anymore (as they used to) but my muscles in my legs just get very fatigued. Is this normal when starting out? Does it get easier? Can anyone remember what it was like in the beginning? I'm guessing like cardio fitness and muscle gain the length of time in which I can run will increase but does it take long?
Oh and I'm not running with any music at the moment, much to my disgust as my Mp3 player is broked! Have to organise to take it in and get it fixed. Hope it is sometime soon. It is SO much easier to get into 'the zone' when I have music.


Food

I feel like I really ate well today. I stayed within my weight watchers points and ate quite healthy. I have realised that when busy I need to keep my hunger under control because if I leave it for too long I go searching for food...and don't really care what it is. I managed to rein this feeling in yesterday and was aware of it for the rest of the day. Being in tune with my hunger signals is going to be very valuable to my ability to achieve my weight loss.

Exercise

Carried out my 5km run/walk. Although I have to say it more resembled a walk with a tiny bit of a run. It took me 52 mins. I'm estimating the run portion to be 1.5km and although it may sound ridiculously small to other people I must say I'm kind of proud considering when mapping my run on www.mapmyrun.com I hadn't considered checking altitude and ended up spending 1/3 of the distance going up and down pretty decent hills. I also recognise it is only my starting and point and I am sure I will improve :-) I also did some basic resistance training of my major muscle groups - quads, hamstrings, calves, abs, triceps, biceps, chest and lower back. Today (the day after) I can definitely feel some stiffness and tightness in the muscles which means they must have been working yesterday.
posted by Sam @ 11:58 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

The beginning of my journey to become a fitter, healthier, more confident, capable, strong willed and happy young woman. How am I doing it? Running, running and maybe just a little bit more running. With some nurse training, life, love and everything else thrown into the pot.

  • Kateypie
  • Miss 14pk
  • Angie
  • Mediblogopathy
  • TradeMe

  • Post Secret
  • Complete Running
  • Fat Fighter Blogs
  • Cool Running
  • Runner's World
  • Calorie-Count
  • Run the Planet
  •  

    Isnaini Dot Com

    BLOGGER