Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Weight Watchers, Accountability and Exercise Plan
I had my first weight watchers meeting this evening and although I now consider myself a little disenchanted with the company in general, I have a funny feeling it is actually going to work for me. Weighed in at 72.7 kg which I am content with. Means I have just over 5 kg to lose to get into my healthy weight BMI range. From there I might refocus my goal on something a little lower. At this point I am estimating that it will be near the 60kg mark which happens to be right in the middle of my healthy weight range. My reason for being disenchanted with weight watcthers is that should I miss a week of a meeting I must then pay that weeks payment back at the next meeting. Also my leader gave me a deal that involved me paying only $15 to join and for the first meeting but I would have rather had the deal where for $17.90 both my friend who took me and I would receive a free cookbook. This $17.90 deal was something she didn’t even tell me about. Anyway despite these two dissapointments I believe the accountability is going to really work for me. I also found out she is not the regular leader, something I am thankful for. Just means that theres a chance the regular one might actually be sincere and nice. Despite the money hungry company impression (because I guess after all weight watchers is a business) I do believe the level of accountability is what is going to make this work for me. Also the little lectures on issues related to food and exercise and the 6 weeks maintenance course and things that will help me change behaviours to make this health kick a life long thing!
I have worked out that I have 12 meetings before my 21st birthday and would absolutely love to be at goal by then. Mind you this is just an aim of mine and I accept that I am an in no way allowed to be disappointed if I don’t make it as it would require a loss of just over 1 kg a week. Not very realistic long term weightloss. But I might be close to the 60 kg mark by then. Just want to look hot for my 21st birthday!

Tomorrow will be the beginning of my first day of counting points and my new exercise program. A combination of walking/running, weights and yoga. I am attempting to find some form of balance in my life and a combination of cardio, resistance weight training and flexibility is what I believe will help me achieve this. In correspondence with calorie control I am hoping to achieve some good results.

The Exercise Plan Involves…

Monday – 5km run/walk and basic resistance training
Tuesday – Yoga
Wednesday – 5km run/walk and basic resistance training
Thursday – Yoga
Friday – 5km run/walk and basic resistance training
Saturday – Yoga
Sunday – Rest

Totally manageable I believe. Even with my lack of time due to study, work, clinical practice and meal planning, preparing and cooking.

Just wanted to make mention of an absolutely eye opening blog post made on Om Bites yoga journal titled-Wanna, Gonna, Shoulda. This is copied and pasted to save time, hope I havn't done anything illegal considering I linked it...


"Give yourself about 15 to 30 minutes a day to practice. If you don't have 15 to 30 minutes a day, try 10 to 15 minutes a day. If you can't find 10 minutes a day, you know you have no interest."
Kevin Farrow, The Natural Alchemist
Stop being the wanna, gonna, shoulda person. If you really want to do something, do it and enjoy it. Stop tormenting yourself with something you think you "should" be doing, saying or even how you think you're supposed to behave, especially if it's not really your thing. You're only lying to yourself. Focus on what you really want to do, find out how to do it and then go for gold.
You will only succeed if you really want to and succeeding is not about reaching an end, it's about the growth, the journey and where it takes you.


This post really resonated with how I am feeling about all my talk of health and fitness. That I just need to get my butt into gear and do what I enjoy which is eating healthy, running, lifting weights, and doing yoga. If I have managed to make up my program out of things I love then I really have little reason not to do it. Everything has its ups and downs and sometimes you just need to get on with it and stop talking about it!
posted by Sam @ 3:06 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

The beginning of my journey to become a fitter, healthier, more confident, capable, strong willed and happy young woman. How am I doing it? Running, running and maybe just a little bit more running. With some nurse training, life, love and everything else thrown into the pot.

  • Kateypie
  • Miss 14pk
  • Angie
  • Mediblogopathy
  • TradeMe

  • Post Secret
  • Complete Running
  • Fat Fighter Blogs
  • Cool Running
  • Runner's World
  • Calorie-Count
  • Run the Planet
  •  

    Isnaini Dot Com

    BLOGGER